European Academy of Childhood Disability
The European Academy of Childhood Disability (EACD) is an international not-for-profit association founded in 1989, and is an organisation for anyone with a clinical and/or scientific interest in childhood-onset disabilities in Europe.
EACD is a multidisciplinary, welcoming, constructive academy, consisting of like-minded members who want to build together a better future for people with childhood-onset disabilities. Education, ethics and social commitment are of paramount importance to EACD, bridging cultural, societal, economical, and lingual differences across the entire European region for the benefit of people with childhood-onset disabilities.
EACD’s Mission is to promote excellence in research and services for the benefit of people with, and at risk for, childhood-onset disabilities, and to provide multidisciplinary, state-of-the-art education for professionals active in the field of childhood-onset disabilities in Europe and beyond.
EACD Aims: In furtherance of our mission, the EACD shall engage in the following aims and activities:
- To promote and extend excellence in research in all aspects of childhood-onset disability, and to facilitate the dissemination and valorisation of such research.
- To ensure regular education and knowledge exchange on all aspects of childhood-onset disability through meetings, congresses, symposia, working groups, training courses, online events, exhibitions and publications.
- To support the use of the latest evidence-based practice and evidence-based medicine into the care, treatment and services for people with childhood-onset disabilities and their family caregivers.
- To foster cooperation between those active in the field of childhood-onset disabilities in Europe and elsewhere for the benefit of people with childhood-onset disabilities.
- To raise awareness of the needs and rights of people with a childhood-onset disability, their families and close others
- To encourage people throughout Europe to become professionally active in the field of childhood-onset disabilities.
- To maintain the highest possible ethical and scientific standards in all EACD activities, and to encourage the use of the highest possible ethical and scientific standards by those working with people with childhood-onset disabilities.
EACD’s values are: Collaboration, Knowledge, Inclusion and Integrity
Visit the website to learn more about EACD: https://eacd.org